- This workshop has passed.
Seasonal Inspired Soap Making Workshop
31 October @ 9:30 am - 4:30 pm GMT£110.00
Join us in the Glass Room for our hands-on soap making workshop. You will learn how to produce traditional, natural cold process soap using a variety of techniques. The focus will be on autumn harvest, autumn fruits, woodlands (charcoals, tars, saps & bark) & opulent soaps for Winter Celebrations. Working in pairs, you will be guided through the day making a number of different soaps following tutor designed, tried & tested recipes. As the class progresses we will share the soaps we make with the rest of the class, each leaving with 20 different 50g soaps!
About the Tutor
Rachel is a professionally qualified teacher, willow basket, stained glass & natural cosmetics maker. She specialises in producing practical items from plants & willows foraged, coppiced, or grown for their specific properties. A lover of all things natural she also works as a woodland ranger in Sheffield. Rachel regularly exhibits/demonstrates at large events nationally & teaches for a number of organisations including the RHS & Musgrove Willows. Rachel will be running a number of workshops throughout the year here at Toolerstone. The workshops are suitable for beginners or people who have done soap making/cosmetic making before.
Your day @:Toolerstone
09:30 A warm welcome to @:Toolerstone with refreshments
10:00 Introduction to soap making tools & techniques used
11:00 Coffee will be served
13:00. Delicious homemade, lunch in the refectory
14:00 Starting the soaping- 2 soaps mixed & poured
16:30 Workshop ends but, you can take your homemade soaps home – they would make a lovely gift.
What is included?
- All materials & tools
- Aprons are provided for the day
- Free onsite car parking
- All Refreshments & a delicious lunch
- You can take home your hand made soap
What do I need to bring?
A smile and a willingness to learn.
Experience Level & Useful Information
- We welcome all levels of expertise from curious beginners to the accomplished.
- You will be weighing out & measuring ingredients accurately & you need to be able to move around the room/stand for periods of time.
- Should you need any assistance with this or need adaptations before the workshop please make us aware.
- Please note that those who are allergic to citral should not attend the workshop.